- Shop by Category
- Shop by Brands
- OTC Med
- UK Pharmacy
- Pet Care
Brand : Vibramycin Generic
Composition : DOXYCYCLINE (dox-i-SYE-kleen)
Vibramycin is a synthetic broad-based antibiotic belonging to a class of drugs commonly referred to as tetracyclines, and is used to cure bacterial infections [including some sexually transmitted diseases – STDs], as a preventive for malaria, in the prevention and treatment of anthrax, and to control severe acne.
Generic Vibramycin inhibits the ability of the bacteria to grow and multiply by disabling their protein-building mechanism. Each Vibramycin capsule consists of Doxycycline hyclate equivalent to 100mg doxycycline base, and other inactive ingredients, such as: alginic acid, gelatin, lactose, magnesium stearate, sodium lauryl sulpha, starch, and patent blue-quinolene yellow-titanium dioxide.
We sell generic medicine. generics are brand equivalent drugs which contain the same active ingredients. Generic drugs may differ in appearance, color, packaging, shape, size.
|Vibramycin 100mg - Generic||Cap||30||$9.99 US||Add to cart|
|Vibramycin 100mg - Generic||Cap||90||$28.99 US||Add to cart|
|Doxycycline Hyclate Tablets 100mg - Generic||Tabs||30||$16.99 US||Add to cart|
|Doxycycline Hyclate Tablets 100mg - Generic||Tabs||90||$48.99 US||Add to cart|
|Vibramycin 100mg-generic||Caps||50||$7.99 US|
|Vibramycin 50mg- - Generic||Caps||24||$5.99 US|
|Vibramycin 50mg- - Generic||Caps||84||$15.99 US|
|Vibramycin D 100mg-Brand||Tabs||24||$39.99 US|
Doxycycline is bacteriostatic and helps in treating bacterial infections by inhibition of protein synthesis in the invading bacteria. It is useful in treating various infections of the respiratory tract, genito-urinary tract, ophthalmic and intestinal infections, acne, and to treat various miscellaneous ailments such as – Rickettsial infections, brucellosis, tularemia, actinomycosis, Lyme disease, yaws, relapsing fever, leptospirosis [during the early infective stages], and in the prevention of malaria.
This medicine can be taken with food, milk, or water, as directed by your physician. You should drink plenty of fluids to avoid esophageal irritation/ulceration. Take the full course even if you feel better after a few days, otherwise the infection will return. The dosage varies:-
• according to the ailment [malaria, anthrax, other infections];
• in adults to children above 8.
For children aged 8 and below, Doxycycline is not given because it can permanently stain their teeth. In older children, body weight is taken into account. Take the dose as prescribed by the physician or the pediatrician. If you take more, the risk of side effects will increase
Some common side effects are:-
• Nausea, even Vomiting
• Blurred vision
• Chest pain
• Bulging foreheads in infants
• Rashes/Dark skin lesions
• Rectal/genital itching.
You should stop using this medicine and contact your doctor immediately if any of these symptoms persist or worsen, or any other unusual symptoms occur, such as
• Stomach/abdominal cramps
• Bloody diarrhea
• High/Relapsing fever.
If overdose is suspected, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately. US residents can call the US national poison hotline at 1-800-222-1222. In the unlikely event of the victim collapsing or not breathing, call local emergency services at 911.
It should be stored ideally at a room temperature below 30oC away from dampness, heat and light, children and pets. Do not freeze.
Doxycycline interacts with a number of drugs and other consumables:
• Antacids containing aluminium, calcium, magnesium and iron preparations;
• Anti-epileptics like Carbamazepine or Phenytoin;
• Blood-thinning medications;
• Birth control pills;
• Bismuth subsalicylate;
• Oral typhoid vaccine;
If you miss a dose, try to take it as soon as you remember, but if time for the next dose is approaching, leave out the missed dose, and follow your regular routine. Do not double your dose.
• Before taking Generic Vibramycin, inform your physician about your medical history, and also about all the medicines – OTC and prescription [including all nutritional supplements/vitamins/ minerals/herbal products] you are taking, and any allergies you have to food/medicine/preservatives/dyes/animals. Especially tell the doctor if you have any kidney or liver disease, or frequent yeast infections.
• Let your doctor know if you are pregnant, planning to conceive, or lactating.
• Usage of this drug during formation of teeth [taken by women in the last half period of pregnancy, or by children in their infancy till the age of 12 years] may cause permanent discoloration of teeth; enamel hypoplasia may also occur.
• Those being treated for genito-urinary tract infections must keep all their lab appointments because if syphilis is suspected, the physician would like to have the blood serology done once a month for a few months. Long-term therapy for any infection requires periodic laboratory evaluation.
• For those taking it as a preventive against malaria, take the first dose 1 or 2 days before traveling to the place where malaria occurs, and then continue taking the medicine everyday through your travel till 4 weeks after leaving that place, but total treatment should not exceed 4 months. If you are unable to finish the course, consult your physician. While staying in a mosquito-infected place, use insect repellants and mosquito nets.
• For those being treated for acne, stay out of sunlight/strong lights, wear a hat and sunglasses, use a sunscreen, and apply cosmetic after consulting your dermatologist.
• It does not cure viral infections like cold or flu.
• Doxycycline contents can be sprinkled onto a spoonful of cool applesauce and eaten immediately, followed by a glass of water.
• When this medicine has expired or is no longer needed, consult your pharmacist for details on how to discard it properly.
• Never share your medicine with anyone else.
+1 (646) 502-8606
UK Contact: +44 20 7558 8172
Toll Free: +1-877-2306032
M-F 9:00 AM 4:00 PM EST